Bored of having the same breakfast daily?? Want to try something new- yummy + healthy breakfast?? Try oatmeal. Oats is one of the healthiest grain you will find on earth. Out of any breakfast, you may choose to have this one is going to be the most nutritious one.
You must be thinking is oatmeal healthy??
Let me clear this doubt of yours as to is oatmeal healthy or not. Oats are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It has a combination of both proteins along with fiber which gives you a full stomach. It has a high content of soluble fiber which helps in controlling bad cholesterol level. One more benefit of oats is that it is a low-glycemic-index (GI) food. As per research reports, it is always beneficial to have low GI food before a workout. This will help you burn fat more rapidly. Having oatmeal regularly also results in weight loss, lowers blood sugar level along with building up your digestive system. Plus is good for your skin too.
Now your query as to is oatmeal healthy or not must be answered. Let us now have a look at ways to prepare this breakfast.
There is no such hard and concrete recipe to prepare healthy oatmeal. You can always make your own oats. Different flavors of oats are available in the market like masala oats, plain oats, veggie twist, tomato, etc. Preparing these ready to make oats is very easy. It involves 6 simple steps.
6 simple steps of preparing ready to make oats
- Take 3/4th cup of water.
- Put the water to boil.
- Empty the packet content as the water starts boiling.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Lower the flame and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve it in a bowl.
Packed foods are always a better option for those who are in lack of time. If you have time to make yourself a yummy + healthy breakfast go for plain oats. The reason is that you can improvise plain oats as per yourself. You can make it any tinge you want.
Tricks to make oats even yummier
- If you want to give yourself a spicy treat, make masala oats. For this, you require water, oats, and spices. You may use any spice of your choice, every spice has its own flavor.
- If not water, you may even go for milk or juice. Juice can be any of your choices. For making this meal tastier plus healthier plus stomach satisfying give some flavors to it.
- Another option to make it healthier is to combine oats with curd. Curd always has better digestive properties than any other ingredient. It increases the calcium content of your meal.
- You may add fresh fruits, nuts, and berries to it when you go for curd or milk or juice. To give it a sweetening effect add a bit of maple syrup or honey or brown sugar.
Remember, never do use white sugar. Using white sugar will lose the healthy impact of your yummy + healthy breakfast.
Get over your boring breakfast. Try this yummier yet healthier breakfast giving it your own tinge.
If you have any other way to make a tasty oatmeal, share with us in the comment section below.