Asian lettuce wraps are a great snack to be served to your guests. The best part is that you can have it in any season. Over here I am going to discuss the recipe of yummy, delicious lettuce wrap made with beef. You can give it any of your own flavors.
Ingredients needed to make your wrap
- 14-15 lettuce leaves
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 piece of onion, properly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic along with some garlic, freshly ground/ 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- 1 bunch of water gun, properly chopped
- 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
- Chilli pepper sauce as to taste
- 1 can of soaked water chestnuts, properly chopped
- Salt to taste
Preparation method of Asian lettuce wraps
- Properly wash lettuce leaves with water and let them dry. Be careful so that you do not tear them apart.
- Put the dish on medium flame. Add oil to it. As the oil gets warmed add ground beef to it and cook it for around 7-9 minutes until it turns brownish and is a bit crumbly. Drain the beef of all the oil and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Now, cook the onion. You can use the same dish and oil used for beef. Cook onion on a medium flame for around 5 minutes, till it starts turning brownish.
- Once the onion turns brown add hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and chili pepper sauce. Let, the sauces get cooked for about 3-4 minutes. Add a tinge of salt.
- Add other ingredients like water chestnuts, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked beef.
- Mix everything well and keep stirring the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Now use the dried lettuce leaves. Arrange them properly in a plate and add this meat mixture in every leaf. Spread the mixture properly so that the whole thing tastes good.
Your yummy, delicious Asian lettuce wrap is all ready for you to munch. Take the taste of every bite of this healthy wrap. But, remember 1 thing, make sure while serving you put a plate or napkin beneath it as the mixture might drip down a bit.